Table of Contents
Are you willing to host your website with BlueHost or HostGator? Have you lots of confusions to find out who is the best? Are you looking for an updated comparative research to choose the reliable web host between BlueHost and HostGator for WordPress?
Here we have listed a head to head comparison including features of all the hosting plans crafted by Bluehost and HostGator. Both are the brand in the web hosting industries. It may difficult for you to choose the best web hosting service providers as both are very close to call.
BlueHost vs HostGator Comparison 2018
- Ease for Beginners
- Customer service and support
- WordPress hosting
- Speed and Uptime
Ease for Beginners:
Both web hosting service providers have a user-friendly platform for the ease of use for beginners. Here in this section, you will come across the complete comparative analysis in terms of money back guarantee, domain name registration, website transfer or migration, WordPress installation and more.
- Bluehost offers 30 days money-back guarantee. You will get the full refund if you unsubscribe the service within 30 days. Money-back guarantee is not applicable for add-on products. While HostGator offers 45 days money-back guarantee on each hosting plans.
- BlueHost Offers free domain name with all hosting plans. On the other hand, HostGator does not include free domain name but provide free domain transfer. The cost of a domain (.com) starts at around $12.99.
Bluehost offers website transfer/migration services at $149.99. You can buy this service to migrate up to 5 sites from your former hosting company to BlueHost. On the other hand, HostGator never charge any amount for website migration. You can transfer all website files like databases, scripts, and one domain to BlueHost account for free of cost.
- Bluehost allows you to install WordPress from the CPanel dashboard. They provide MOJO marketplace for easier installations. HostGator also offers MOJO marketplace and also they provide tutorials for “How To” install WordPress manually.
- With BlueHost, you will get an onsite builder powered by Weebly. HostGator offers drag and drop WYSIWYG functionality with pre-built site sections and 100 plus mobile-optimized templates.
Read Also: Top 10 Web Hosting Service Providers in 2018
Customer Service and Support
For all web hosting companies, it is necessary to have responsive and friendly customer and technical support. BlueHost provides their customer with dedicated toll-free numbers to get web hosting, tech, and WordPress support. HostGator allows their customer to get in touch with their expertise via chat system and phone calls.
Security is one of the major quality factors for all web hosting service providers. Bluehost and HostGator both provide the best security features. But they differ by following points.
- BlueHost provides their customer with ad-hoc automatically generated backups. You may schedule them for daily, weekly or monthly basis. On the other hand, HostGator offers instant manual backups to restore your account. You can also upgrade CodeGuard to automatically create website backups with the 1-click restore.
- BlueHost offer free shared SSL certificate for those accounts having shared IP. HostGator doesn’t provide free SSL certificate. They offer only free Domain Validated SSL.
More than 25% of websites are powered by WordPress. If you are willing to host your website or blog with WordPress, you should aware of secure and hassle-free hosting providers. Bluehost and HostGator both offer WordPress hosting with their different rule sets.
- BlueHost offers user-friendly WordPress hosting with a starting price of $2.95 per month. HostGator offers WordPress cloud hosting with a starting price of $5.95 per month with advanced level security and free migration.
- Bluehost is officially recommended by the WordPress.org. On the other hand, HostGator is not recommended by WordPress.
- Bluehost offers VPS enabled WordPress Hosting with Advance NGINX architecture and custom PHP-FPM configuration. HostGator offers 2.5 times faster load time due to cloud architecture and low-density servers.
Speed and Uptime:
For a good web host the two, Speed and Uptime, are the cornerstones of core its features.
- BlueHost promises 99.98% uptime with an average downtime of 1.6 hours per year. HostGator promises to offer 99.99% uptime with cutting-edge Linux container technology and built-in redundancy for greater security.
- Bluehost does not offer shared hosting with solid SSD but has enterprise level SSD database storage. Another side, HostGator also, does not offer shared hosting with SSD but provides cloud and WordPress Hosting plans included with SSD.
- The BlueHost Company has 23 data centers located throughout the China, India, and Europe. HostGator has several tier 4 data centers located in Texas and Utah. Due to strategic facilities, it offers flexibility, reliability and better performance your business requires.
- Bluehost and HostGator both offer Content Delivery Network powered by CloudFare. You can route your site’s traffic through a global network with the fastest content delivery.
In this section, we have summarized both web host with a declaration of the winner between BlueHost Vs HostGator. Both are very close in terms of their features. HostGator is the best if you are a startup only and the reasons are:
- HostGator offers better response time, uptime and load time.
- They offer full site protection services to avoid hacking, Viruses and Malware attacks.
- They Guarantee 99.99% uptime.
- HostGator offers an easy to use control panel.
- HostGator provides their customer with 24X7 hours customer support with the highly efficient team.
- They promise 45 days money-back guarantee.
HostGator Ratings Compared to Bluehost
- Speed and Performance
- Customer Support
HostGator is the best hosting provider in terms of price and their customer support.