Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to Bluehost Web Hosting
- 2 Bluehost Hosting Plans
- 3 Bluehost Speed and Performance
- 4 Bluehost Backup Policy
- 5 Bluehost Customer Support
- 6 Bluehost Security Features
- 7 Site Migrations
- 8 Bluehost Refund Policy
- 9 Pros and Cons of Bluehost Services
- 10 Why Bluehost?
- 11 Bluehost FAQ
- 12 Bluehost Alternatives
- 13 Bluehost Coupons, Discounts, and Deals
- 14 Conclusion
Introduction to Bluehost Web Hosting
BlueHost has been providing their hosting services since 1986. Since then to now Bluehost is continuously growing itself. Now Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. About 2.5 million websites from all over the world are taking hosting services from Bluehost.
Bluehost is officially WordPress recommended hosting provider. It is the best hosting provider company like SiteGround and Dreamhost. Whether you are a beginner or large business owner, Bluehost provides you with 24×7 customer support.
In this post, you will know all about its various hosting plans, pros, and cons of hosting and refund policy.
Bluehost Hosting Plans
Bluehost offers all sorts of hosting like Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, WordPress Hosting and Dedicated Hosting.
Bluehost offers annual shared web hosting plan. If you willing to buy hosting with attractive discount offers, you can buy hosting with 2 or 3 years plan. Bluehost is offering three plans Basic, Plus and Prime.
|Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans||Basic||Plus||Prime|
|Site Backup||-||-||CodeGuard Basic|
- If you have a startup, you can buy a Basic Plan of $3.95 per month. The Basic Plan includes 1 website, 1 domain, 5 parked domain, 25 subdomains, up to 50 GB of space, 5 Email accounts with 100 MB storage per account and Free SSL.
- If you go for Plus and Prime Hosting Plans. It costs you $5.95 per month. This plan includes unlimited websites with unmetered space, 1 domain, unlimited parked and subdomains, Unlimited email accounts with unlimited email storage, free SSL, and marketing tools of worth $200.
- You can get 65% off on shared hosting using our Bluehost coupon codes.
2. VPS Web Hosting
|Bluehost VPS Hosting|
|Cores||2 Cores||2 Cores||4 Cores|
|SSD Storage||30 GB SSD||60 GB SSD||120 GB SSD|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
VPS Hosting allows you to utilize the recourses such as RAM, CPU dedicated to your account. This kind of hosting offers your website the greater stability and performance. You can provide better security to your website files as you do not share Operating System with other users on the server.
If you are looking for this VPS hosting server, BlueHost will be a great choice. Bluehost offers exclusive 3 VPS hosting plans – Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
- Standard Plan costs you $19.99 per month. It includes 2 cores, 30 GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, Unlimited Bandwidth, 1 domain, 1 IP Address, Free SSL and 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support.
- Enhanced Plan costs you $29.99 per month. This plan includes 2 cores, 60 GB SSD storage, 4 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth, 1 domain, 2 IP Addresses, Free SSL and 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support.
- Ultimate Plan costs you $59.99 per month. Users can take attractive benefits with this plan. This plan includes 4 cores, 120 GB SSD storage, 8 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth, 1 domain, 2 IP Addresses, 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support and free SSL.
3. Cloud Hosting
|Bluehost Cloud Hosting|
|Available RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
|Email Storage||500 mb||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|1-Click Resource Scaling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Site Backup + Restore||-||-||CodeGuard Basic|
Cloud Hosting is safer, bigger and faster than other hosting plans. On managed cloud hosting, your website is more reliable and has fast page download speed. You never need to worry about going down your site due to traffic spikes again.
Bluehost is offering 3 attractive plans for cloud hosting. The plans are Starter, Performance and Business Pro.
- Starter plan gives 1 website, 100 GB storage space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 free domain, 2GB RAM, 2 CPU, 100 Email accounts with 500 Email storage, $50 marketing offers and free SSL.
- Performance plan offers unlimited websites with unmetered storage space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 free domain, 4GB RAM, 4 CPU, up to $200 marketing offers, Unlimited Email accounts with unlimited storage and free SSL.
- Business Pro Plan offers unlimited websites with unmetered storage and bandwidth, 1 free domain, 6 GB RAM, 6 CPU, up to $200 marketing offers, unlimited emails and free SSL.
4. Dedicated Hosting
|Speed||4 Cores, 8 Threads||4 Cores, 8 Threads||4 Cores, 8 Threads|
|Storage||500GB (Mirrored)||1TB (Mirrored)||1TB (Mirrored)|
|RAM||4GB Available||8GB Available||16GB Available|
If you need the highest level of resource allocation, control, and privacy, dedicated servers are the most applicable to you. You can get full access to configure your server without affecting or affected by actions of other users.
Dedicated hosting is the best hosting plan for the customers with high traffic websites. You are looking for dedicated hosting, you should move to BlueHost. It provides Standard, Enhanced, and Premium Plans.
- Standard plan costs you $79.99 per month. This plan offers 4 cores and 8 threads speed, 500 GB (Mirrored) storage, 4GB RAM, 5TB Bandwidth, 1 domain, 3 IP Addresses, and free SSL.
- Enhanced plan costs you $99.99 per month. This plan offers 4 cores and 8 threads speed, 1TB (Mirrored) storage, 8 GB RAM, 10 TB bandwidth, 1 domain, 4 IP Addresses and free SSL.
- Premium plan costs you $119.99 per month. This plan is equipped with 4 cores with 8 threads speed, 1TB (Mirrored) storage, 16 GB RAM, 15 TB bandwidth, 5 IP Addresses with free SSL.
All these plans promise for 24X7 support and 30-day money back guarantee.
5. WordPress Hosting
WordPress allows you fast and secure and website development. It also allows you to manage all the content of a website from one place. You can build your website with unlimited customization choices.
Bluehost and WordPress work closely to provide the best WordPress hosting services to their customer. Bluehost offers 4 exclusive plans for WordPress hosting- WP-Standard, WP-Enhanced, WP-Premium, and WP-Ultimate.
- WP-Standard plan offers 100 million visits per month, 30 GB Backup Storage, 2 GB RAM, 1 domain and 1 IP Address, Enhanced Cpanel.
- WP-Enhanced plan offers 300 million website visits per month, 60GB Backup storage, 4 GB RAM, 1 domain, 1 IP Address and Enhanced Cpanel.
- WP-Premium plan offers 600 million visits per month, 120 GB Backup storage, 6GB RAM, 1 domain, 1 IP Address and Enhanced Cpanel.
- WP-Ultimate plan offers unlimited visits per month, 240 GB Backup storage, 8GB RAM, 1 IP Address, 1 domain and Enhanced Cpanel.
All WordPress hosting plans are equipped with 24X7 support and 30 days money back guarantee and Free SSL.
Bluehost Speed and Performance
For better performance of your website, you need a faster web hosting provider. Here we have tested a website which is hosted on Bluehost server, using Pingdom (Website Speed Test Tool).
As you can see on above image that our website loads less than one-half second. It is faster than 85% of all tested websites.
If your website doesn’t load faster then read this article: How to load your website within 1 second.
Bluehost Backup Policy
As you can see in above listed hosting plans, you can get free site backup tools only with top hosting plans. If you go for any starter packages then you have to pay a small fee to get the Site Backup Pro tool.
Using this tool, you can restore your website database of any date you want in just one click.
Bluehost Customer Support
Best customer care service is the basic need of every business to make it popular. Since 1986 Bluehost providing their services with friendly customer support. They have the perfect team to deal with the customer and fix issues within a short period.
Bluehost has its knowledge center which provides all the hosting offering information. Users can use it if they don’t want to wait for getting help from Bluehost team.
Customers can contact via Phone calls, email, online web chat or US-based ticketing system. Bluehost customer care team is available for 24X7. Due to its best and quick customer support service, Bluehost is winning the crowd every day.
Bluehost Security Features
If we talk about the security of Bluehost then it offers free SSL with all hosting plans and anti-spam tools like Spam Hammer, Spam Experts, and Hotlink protection.
Today, Google prefers SSL enabled websites to rank higher compared to websites which have no SSL certificate. So this is the best thing you are getting free with Bluehost hosting.
In addition, you can block IPs, make directories password protected etc. Also, Bluehost offers Cloudflare which protects your site against DDoS attacks.
For more website security improvement, read this Ultimate WordPress Security Guide.
Most of all the other hosting providers transfer your site to new hosting free of cost but in the case of Bluehost, It doesn’t transfer free.
If you want your WordPress site migration to Bluehost, then it will cost you $149.99 and in this price, your 5 websites and 20 email accounts can be transferred.
Bluehost Refund Policy
- If you cancel their services within 30 days, you will receive the full money back on hosting services only.
- If you have purchased a plan with free domain, domain charge will non-refundable. It will deduct from the total refundable fee amount.
- It ensures the customer that their domain is safe. Customers can transfer their domain to any other hosting services.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost Services
In this section, we have listed some pros and cons that the customer usually feels.
Pros of using Bluehost:
- All hosting plans are affordable for all users, especially for beginners.
- Users are benefitted with a large number of websites with less downtime.
- In Bluehost, CloudFlare integration built into cPanel which helps you to get even better performance.
- They offer free anti-spam solutions.
- No hidden fees during signup.
- Free domain name with all 1-year hosting.
- Bluehost allows eCommerce websites to get a free SSL security certificate and OpenPGP/GPG Encryption instantly.
Cons of using Bluehost:
- Higher price rates for free domain renewal.
- Customers have to wait for a long time to get the support from Bluehost staff.
- They provide only Linux servers. For Windows hostings, you have to go for another hosting provider.
- They have an aggressive upsell process during users do signup to buy hosting.
- Bluehost team provides 24*7 support to their customers. If you have faced any issue then you can call, email to start live chat to get instant solution.
- Building a website becomes easy with Bluehost as it provides 1 click WordPress installation.
- You can get the refund within 30 days of signing up.
- It has user-friendly cPanel that anyone can manage domains, websites, emails and many more from one place.
- Bluehost is recommended hosting by WordPress so you can choose it to start building your website without waiting any more.
1. Who is the owner of Bluehost?
Bluehost is owned by Endurance International Group (EIG).
2. How easy WordPress installation in Bluehost?
Bluehost offers auto WordPress installation so you can install WordPress in just one click.
3. How can I get support from Bluehost?
There are three ways to get support from Bluehost:
- 24/7 Live Chat
- Phone support.
4. Can Bluehost handle high traffic websites?
It depends on the hosting plan which you have selected. If you have shared hosting plan then it will not handle high traffic. For a high traffic website, you can choose VPS or Dedicated hosting plans.
5. What are the Bluehost nameservers?
The default Bluehost nameservers are:
- ns1.bluehost.com (220.127.116.11)
- ns2.bluehost.com (18.104.22.168)
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers in the world but there are also few major hosting providers available for you. You can choose SiteGround, HostGator and Dreamhost as Bluehost alternatives.
- If you go with HostGator then you will get better customer support and cheaper hosting plans compared to Bluehost. For more details read our article on Bluehost vs HostGator.
- If you go with SiteGround and Dreamhost then here you will get 100% uptime guarantee and better customer support. But the hosting plans are costlier than Bluehost. For more details read our article on Bluehost vs SiteGround.
Bluehost Coupons, Discounts, and Deals
Get 50% discount on all Bluehost hosting plan using the following link.
If you face any problem in setting up your website, you can call directly to Bluehost customer care. Here its number: +1 (855) 803-8158
Read other hosting reviews:
- InMotion Hosting Review 2018
- HostGator Hosting Review 2018
- WP Engine Hosting Review 2018
- GoDaddy Hosting Review 2018
Hope this post would be great and extra useful to you to choose the best hosting provider. Finally, you know why more than 200 million users from all over the world are using BlueHost.
If you have any suggestion on this article then please let us know by email on [email protected] or simply comment in the comment section.
Bluehost Web Hosting Review
- Speed and Performance
- Customer Support
- Refund Policy
If you are looking for best web hosting provider then Bluehost is the best web host who provides cheap and scalable plans. I highly recommend you to choose Bluehost for your personal or business website.