BlueHost has been providing its hosting services since 1986. Since then to now Bluehost is continuously growing itself. Now Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. About 2.5 million websites from all over the world are taking hosting services from Bluehost. Read the complete Bluehost hosting review to know all about Bluehost company.
Bluehost is officially WordPress recommended hosting provider. It is the best hosting provider company like SiteGround and Hostgator. Whether you are a beginner or large business owner, Bluehost provides you with 24×7 customer support.
Here WPressBlog will let you know everything about Bluehost hosting like their hosting plans, speed, performance, security and many more.
In this article, you will learn:
- 1 Bluehost Hosting Plans, Pricing, and Features
- 2 Bluehost Speed and Performance
- 3 Bluehost Security Features
- 4 Bluehost Refund Policy / Money Back Guarantee
- 5 Bluehost Site Backup Policy
- 6 Bluehost Data Centers
- 7 Bluehost Site Migration Policy
- 8 Bluehost Marketing Offers
- 9 Bluehost Customer Support Review
- 10 Pros and Cons of Bluehost Hosting
- 11 Why choose Bluehost hosting for your website?
- 12 Bluehost FAQ
- 13 Bluehost Coupon / Discount
- 14 Bluehost Alternatives
- 15 Conclusion: Bluehost Review 2019
Bluehost Hosting Plans, Pricing, and Features
They offer the following hosting plans:
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Shared WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- eCommerce Hosting
Here are the features and pricing of all Bluehost hosting plans:
Bluehost offers annual shared web hosting plan. If you are willing to buy hosting with attractive discount offers, you can buy hosting with 2 or 3 years plan. Bluehost is offering three plans Basic, Plus and Prime.
|Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans||Basic||Plus||Prime|
|Site Backup||-||-||CodeGuard Basic|
- If you are a startup, you can buy a Basic Plan of $3.95 per month. The Basic Plan includes 1 website, 1 domain, 5 parked domain, 25 subdomains, up to 50 GB of space, 5 Email accounts with 100 MB storage per account and Free SSL.
- If you go for Plus and Prime Hosting Plans, they will costs you $5.95 per month. This plan includes unlimited websites with unmetered space, 1 domain, unlimited parked and subdomains, Unlimited email accounts with unlimited email storage, free SSL, and marketing tools of worth $200.
2. Cloud Hosting
Cloud Hosting is safer, bigger and faster than other hosting plans. On managed cloud hosting, your website is more reliable and has fast page download speed. You never need to worry about going down your site due to traffic spikes again.
Bluehost is offering 3 attractive plans for cloud hosting. The plans are Starter, Performance and Business Pro.
|Bluehost Cloud Hosting|
|Available RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
|Email Storage||500 mb||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|1-Click Resource Scaling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Site Backup + Restore||-||-||CodeGuard Basic|
- Starter plan gives 1 website, 100 GB storage space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 free domain, 2GB RAM, 2 CPU, 100 Email accounts with 500 Email storage, $50 marketing offers and free SSL.
- Performance plan offers unlimited websites with unmetered storage space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 free domain, 4GB RAM, 4 CPU, up to $200 marketing offers, Unlimited Email accounts with unlimited storage and free SSL.
- Business Pro Plan offers unlimited websites with unmetered storage and bandwidth, 1 free domain, 6 GB RAM, 6 CPU, up to $200 marketing offers, unlimited emails and free SSL.
3. VPS Hosting
Bluehost offers top rated VPS web hosting services. VPS Hosting allows you to utilize the recourses such as RAM, CPU dedicated to your account. This kind of hosting offers your website greater stability and performance. You can provide better security to your website files as you do not share Operating System with other users on the server.
If you are looking for this VPS hosting server, BlueHost will be a great choice. Bluehost offers exclusive 3 VPS hosting plans – Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
|Bluehost VPS Hosting|
|Cores||2 Cores||2 Cores||4 Cores|
|SSD Storage||30 GB SSD||60 GB SSD||120 GB SSD|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
- Standard Plan costs you $19.99 per month. It includes 2 cores, 30 GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, Unlimited Bandwidth, 1 domain, 1 IP Address, Free SSL and 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support.
- Enhanced Plan costs you $29.99 per month. This plan includes 2 cores, 60 GB SSD storage, 4 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth, 1 domain, 2 IP Addresses, Free SSL and 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support.
- Ultimate Plan costs you $59.99 per month. Users can take attractive benefits with this plan. This plan includes 4 cores, 120 GB SSD storage, 8 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth, 1 domain, 2 IP Addresses, 30 days money back guarantee with 24 X7 managed customer support and free SSL.
4. Dedicated Hosting
If you need the highest level of resource allocation, control, and privacy, dedicated servers are the most applicable to you. You can get full access to configure your server without affecting or affected by the actions of other users.
Dedicated hosting is the best hosting plan for customers with high traffic websites. Bluehost provides Standard, Enhanced, and Premium Dedicated hosting plans.
|Speed||4 Cores, 8 Threads||4 Cores, 8 Threads||4 Cores, 8 Threads|
|Storage||500GB (Mirrored)||1TB (Mirrored)||1TB (Mirrored)|
|RAM||4GB Available||8GB Available||16GB Available|
- Standard plan costs you $79.99 per month. This plan offers 4 cores and 8 threads speed, 500 GB (Mirrored) storage, 4GB RAM, 5TB Bandwidth, 1 domain, 3 IP Addresses, and free SSL.
- Enhanced plan costs you $99.99 per month. This plan offers 4 cores and 8 threads speed, 1TB (Mirrored) storage, 8 GB RAM, 10 TB bandwidth, 1 domain, 4 IP Addresses, and free SSL.
- Premium plan costs you $119.99 per month. This plan is equipped with 4 cores with 8 threads speed, 1TB (Mirrored) storage, 16 GB RAM, 15 TB bandwidth, 5 IP Addresses with free SSL.
All these plans promise for 24X7 support and 30-day money back guarantee.
If you have a WordPress website or you want to build a WordPress website then you should go for WordPress hosting.
Bluehost offers shared WordPress hosting at the same price of shared web hosting which starts from $3.95 per month.
6. WordPress Pro (Managed WordPress Hosting)
WordPress allows you fast and secure and website development. It also allows you to manage all the content of a website from one place. You can build your website with unlimited customization choices.
Bluehost and WordPress work closely to provide the best managed WordPress hosting services to their customer. They offer 3 exclusive plans for WordPress hosting: Build, Grow and Scale.
It comes with:
- Basic Jetpack Site Analytics
- Marketing Center
- 100 Free Premium Themes
- Daily Scheduled Backups
- Malware Detection and Removal
- Domain Privacy Protection.
It comes with:
- All features of the Build Plan
- Premium Jetpack
- Business Review Tools
- Bluehost SEO Tools
- Jetpack Ads Integration
- 10GB Video Compression
- WordPress Live ticket support
It comes with:
- All features of Grow Plan
- Jetpack Pro
- Unlimited Backups and Restores
- PayPal Integration
- Unlimited Video Compression
- Elastic Search
- WordPress Live Chat Support
All WordPress hosting plans are equipped with 24X7 support and 30 days money back guarantee and Free SSL.
If you need any help in building your managed WordPress website then you can call on 844-741-1192. They provide 24/7 Managed WordPress Hosting Support.
7. eCommerce Hosting
Bluehost offers three ecommerce hosting plans: Starter, Plus, and Pro. Their pricings are $6.95, $8.95 and $12.95 per month respectively. You can fully customize your ecommerce store.
All eCommerce hosting plans come with secure payment gateways. You also do not need to install WooCommerce because Bluehost will install it free for you. To install WooCommerce, you can call on Bluehost support number at 877-708-7750.
Bluehost Speed and Performance
For better performance of your website, you need a faster web hosting provider. Here we have tested a website which is hosted on Bluehost server using Pingdom which is a website speed test tool.
As you can see on the above image that our website loads less than one-half second. It is faster than 85% of all tested websites.
If your website doesn’t load faster then you can read our article: How to load your website within 1 second.
Bluehost Security Features
If we talk about the security of Bluehost then it offers free SSL with all hosting plans and anti-spam tools like Spam Hammer, Spam Experts, and Hotlink protection.
Today, Google prefers SSL enabled websites to rank higher compared to websites which have no SSL certificate. So this is the best thing you are getting free with Bluehost hosting.
In addition, you can block IPs, make directories password protected, etc. Also, Bluehost offers Cloudflare which protects your site against DDoS attacks.
For more website security improvement, you can read our Ultimate WordPress Security Guide.
Bluehost Refund Policy / Money Back Guarantee
- Bluehost provides a 30-day money back guarantee that means if you cancel their services within 30 days, you will receive the full money back on hosting services only.
- If you have purchased a plan with free domain, domain charge will non-refundable. It will deduct from the total refundable fee amount.
- It ensures the customer that their domain is safe. Customers can transfer their domain to any other hosting services.
Bluehost Site Backup Policy
As you can see in the above listed hosting plans, you can get free site backup tools only with top hosting plans. If you go for any starter packages then you have to pay a small fee to get the Site Backup Pro tool.
You will get “CodeGuard Basic” tool free of cost with the top hosting plan. If you choose any starter plan then you have to pay $2.99 per month to get this backup tool.
Using this tool, you can restore your website database of any date you want in just one click.
Bluehost Data Centers
It has one main data center located in Provo, Utah. They haven’t published any more information about their data centers.
Bluehost Site Migration Policy
Most of all the other hosting providers transfer your site to their hosting free of cost but in the case of Bluehost, It doesn’t transfer free.
If you want your WordPress site migration to Bluehost, then it will cost you $149.99 and in this price, your 5 websites and 20 email accounts can be transferred.
Bluehost Marketing Offers
Bluehost provides the best marketing offers which are very useful in your website promotion. They are as follow:
- $75 for Google Adwords credit
- $25 for Yahoo credit
- $25 for Bing credit
Bluehost Customer Support Review
Best customer support is the basic need of every business to make it popular. Since 1986 Bluehost providing their services with friendly customer support. They have the perfect team to deal with the customer and fix the issues within a short period.
Bluehost has its knowledge center which provides all the hosting offering information. Users can use it if they don’t want to wait for getting help from Bluehost team.
Customers can contact via Phone calls, email, online web chat or US-based ticketing system. Bluehost customer care team is available for 24X7. Due to its best and quick customer support service, Bluehost is winning the crowd every day.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost Hosting
Here you will know all the pros and cons of using Bluehost hosting service that customer usually feels.
Pros of Bluehost Hosting
- All hosting plans are affordable for all users, especially for beginners.
- Users are benefited with a large number of websites with less downtime.
- Free Drag and Drop Site Builder.
- CloudFlare integration built into cPanel which helps you to get even better performance.
- They offer free anti-spam solutions.
- No hidden fees during signup.
- Free domain name with all 1-year hosting.
- Bluehost allows eCommerce websites to get a free SSL security certificate and OpenPGP/GPG Encryption instantly.
Cons of Bluehost Hosting
- Higher price rates for free domain renewal.
- Customers have to wait for a long time to get support from Bluehost staff.
- They provide only Linux servers. For Windows hostings, you have to go for another hosting provider.
Why choose Bluehost hosting for your website?
- Bluehost team provides 24*7 support to its customers. If you have faced any issue then you can call, email to start live chat to get an instant solution.
- Building a website becomes easy with Bluehost as it provides 1 click WordPress installation.
- You can get a refund within 30 days of signing up.
- It has user-friendly cPanel that anyone can manage domains, websites, emails and many more from one place.
- Bluehost is WordPress recommended hosting provider so you can choose it to start building your website without waiting any more.
1. Who is the owner of Bluehost?
Bluehost is owned by Endurance International Group (EIG).
2. How easy WordPress installation in Bluehost?
Bluehost offers auto WordPress installation so you can install WordPress in just one click.
3. How can I get support from Bluehost or contact their technical team?
If you have any sales, technical or account related questions then you can get in touch with the Bluehost support team. There are three ways to contact them:
- 24/7 Live Chat
- Phone support
You can get all the support contact number and chat option on their contact us page.
The main phone numbers for support are as below:
- U.S.(toll-free): (888) 401-4678
- International: +1 801-765-9400
4. Can Bluehost handle high traffic websites?
It depends on the hosting plan which you have selected. If you have shared hosting plan then it will not handle high traffic. For a high traffic website, you can choose VPS or Dedicated hosting plans.
5. What are the Bluehost nameservers?
The default Bluehost nameservers are below:
- ns1.bluehost.com (188.8.131.52)
- ns2.bluehost.com (184.108.40.206)
Bluehost Coupon / Discount
To get the 50% discount on Bluehost hosting plan, just click on the following link.
If you face any problem in setting up your website, you can call directly to Bluehost customer care through above-mentioned contact numbers.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting services providers in the world but there are also few major hosting providers available for you. You can choose SiteGround, A2 Hosting, HostGator, or Dreamhost as Bluehost alternatives.
- If you go with HostGator then you will get better customer support and cheaper hosting plans compared to Bluehost. For more details read our article on Bluehost vs HostGator.
- If you go with SiteGround and Dreamhost then here you will get a 100% uptime guarantee and better customer support. But the hosting plans are costlier than Bluehost. For more details read our article on Bluehost vs SiteGround.
Conclusion: Bluehost Review 2019
I hope this post would be great and extra useful to you to choose the Bluehost hosting. Finally, you know why more than 200 million users from all over the world are using BlueHost.
Still, If you have any question or doubt then please feel free to ask us through the comment section. We will provide the answer as soon as possible.
Read other hosting reviews:
Bluehost Web Hosting Review
- Speed and Performance
- Customer Support
- Refund Policy
If you are looking for best web hosting provider then Bluehost is the best web host who provides cheap and scalable plans. I highly recommend you to choose Bluehost for your personal or business website.