Table of Contents
Bluehost and SiteGround both are the fierce competitors in the world of web hosting service providers. After a long time research and utilizing the both webhost’s services, we have pointed out the 5 facts to declare the winner.
By taking your time to thoroughly come across all these points, you would have better ideas to decide who is the best? Now it would not overwhelm for you in case you are looking for the web hosting companies for the first time.
Bluehost Vs SiteGround 2018 Comparison
- User friendliness
- WordPress hosting comparison
- Speed and Uptime
- Security Features Comparison
- Customer Service and Support
If you are a newbie, it’s essential to know how SiteGround and Bluehost both provide the newbie friendly platform in terms of the refund policy, domain name registration, website migration or transfer and website building tools.
- BlueHost Offers 30 days money-back guarantee for Shared web hosting. Similarly, SiteGround also offers 30 days money-back guarantee but it is not applicable to add-on products.
- You will be benefitted with a free domain name with lifetime validity while creating a new account with SiteGround. On the other hand, BlueHost offers free domain name for 1 year only.
- SiteGround provides their customer with free website migration services. You need to post a support ticket to activate the free website migration promotion. While BlueHost offers website transfer service to migrate up to 5 sites and 20 emails at the cost of $149.99
- SiteGround offers CMS like WordPress as well as a drag and drop site building tool like Weebly. Like SiteGround, BlueHost provides built-in website builder powered by Weebly and WordPress as an additional feature.
WordPress Hosting Comparison
More than 25% of websites are powered by WordPress. Hence WordPress hosting is also a competitive factor to choose the best web hosting provider.
- SiteGround offers WordPress web hosting at the starting price of $3.95 per month with 10 GB web space and up to 10K visits monthly. On the other hand, BlueHost offers WordPress hosting with starting price of just $2.95 per month with free domain and SSL certificate.
- SiteGround offers 10GB -30GB Disk Space for WordPress hosting whereas BlueHost provides their customer with Unlimited Disk Space for WordPress hosting plan.
- SiteGround includes managed WordPress hosting in terms of cost and control. On the other hand, BlueHost offers managed WordPress hosting with the entire focus on simplicity and speed and easy to navigate user interface.
Speed and Uptime
- Although both the web hosting companies guarantee to offer 99.99% uptime, still after a complete research and thorough study from the user experience, it is found that BlueHost gives less than 98% uptime. SiteGround, on the other hand, was consistently up during the last year offering more than 99.99% uptime.
- Site Ground offers the free CloudFare content delivery network with all speed and security features. BlueHost, on the other hand, also provide the content delivery network to route your sites’ traffic through a global network.
- SiteGround offers the latest HTTP/2 enabled servers to signify the speed up loading of the website. BlueHost, as of now, doesn’t offer HTTP/2 enabled servers but plus offering Free SSL certificate is the plus point.
Hence it is very clear that when it comes to speed and uptime, SiteGround would be definitely the winner.
Security Features Comparison
Latest security features are the primary demand of all business owners when they buy hosting from any webhost. Whether you have a simple blog or e-commerce website, security features must be there to avoid hacking of website data.
After a long comparative study, we come through these points which separate both the webhost.
- The first SiteGround offers daily backups for free. They focus on the two: creating backups with minimal resources utilization and fast restoring. The BlueHost, on the other hand, allows daily, weekly and monthly backups but not guarantee. It offers Site Backup Pro add-on.
- Buying hosting from SiteGround you can get fully featured DDOS protection including hardware firewall filtering, limiting of remote connections at a time, to check the number of failed logins from the host, and more. The BlueHost also offers DDOS protection but unable to offer features like as SiteGround. It offers the SiteLock add-on to avoid DDOS attacks.
Check this video on how SiteGround keep your website safe from hackers.
Customer Service and Support
Providing a quality customer service is the primary need of all webhosts. It’s very clear that the requirement of tech support remains with 24 X7 hours and from all over the globe. The SiteGround and Bluehost both offer friendly and fast responsive support and services to their customer. But you will come to know here the points to declare one of them, a winner.
SiteGround offers the three ways to reach the customer care executives. They are the phone call, chat and support tickets. While the BlueHost, the other, offers multiple ways to connect including dedicated toll-free numbers and emails etc.
Here you can see the real-time support tweets for both Bluehost and SiteGround. By checking below tweets, you will have the idea of how much they support their customers.
From the above facts, it’s now very clear that “SiteGround Is the Winner”. Here in this section, we have summarized all the facts once again to clear out the doubt.
- SiteGround is more user-friendly as it offers easy to navigate platform and free website migration support. With the BlueHost, you have to pay for it.
- SiteGround offers better features for WordPress hosting than that of BlueHost.
- Thanks to faster servers of SiteGround, such as HTTP/2, SSD drives etc and better uptime and speed record.
- SiteGround offers free security features like malware scan, DDOS protection, and daily backups. With the BlueHost, the other, you have to pay some extra charges for getting these features.
Thanks for reading our article. If you have any question regarding this article you can contact us at [email protected] or simply comment in below comment section.