Creating a fat-free payment gateway using WordPress is a dream for every online business owner. But again, there are a number of aspects that you need to consider while choosing the right payment gateway in WordPress.
As by default, WordPress doesn’t provide you any built-in payment gateway system, you can use a quality plugin to make things easy and comfortable. However, as there are tons of plugins out there in WordPress, how can you choose the right one from the rest?
This tutorial is intended to resolve the issue of payment gateway for your website. In this tutorial, I’m going to cover the best quality payment plugins in WordPress. So that you can get to know which plugin is the best suited for your payment gateway. So before dive into the deep, let’s get started from the basics.
In this article, you will learn:
- 1 Why Plugin For Payment Gateway?
- 2 Best Payment Plugins for WordPress
- 2.1 1. WPPayForm
- 2.2 2. Authorize.net
- 2.3 3. PayPal for Digital Goods
- 2.4 4. WP Simple Pay
- 2.5 5. Stripe Payments
- 3 Final Catch
Why Plugin For Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a third-party tool that is used to evaluate and process payments for online transactions. It’s always much better to have a direct form of a transaction instead of a physical transaction.
But the problem lies that WordPress doesn’t support any default options for getting paid online. That’s why plugins come into consideration, and users are serving their purposes to fulfill their payment related issues without facing any hassle.
Now, take a look at the best payment plugins in WordPress.
Best Payment Plugins for WordPress
Here are the top hand-picked plugins listed that are based on quality. Some are supported single gateway, or some are supported multiple gateways. Some are free of cost some are premium in type. Let’s take a look at the rest article:
WPPayForm is the latest freemium payment plugin that allows you to use multiple payment gateways on your website. This plugin allows you to use drag and drop form builder to create a dynamic payment form. You can create almost any type of payment form using this awesome payment plugin.
As the plugin is freemium, it has a free and a pro version. The free version allows you to use the PayPal payment gateway, and the pro version will allow you to use Stripe and PayPal payment gateway. Let’s take a look at the costs and major features of the plugin:
Cost: Pro version of the plugin will cost you only $59 per year.
Features of WPPayForm:
- Easy to use interface with ease of use.
- Tons of customization facilities.
- Drag & droppable payment form builder plujgin.
- Exportable entry management system.
- Special custom currency feature.
- Multiple Payment Gateways.
- Entry export facility.
- It also has the Recaptcha security purpose.
- 10+ input field for adding functionality.
- Using custom CSS.
Authorize.net is one of the modern payment plugins for WordPress users. Using this awesome plugin you can accept any credit or debit card as a payment gateway on your WooCommerce store. In this case, you don’t need an SSL and PCI. Moreover, you can install the plugin without facing any hassle.
One of the most important aspects of the service of the plugin is PCI DSS certified that safeguards both the potential customers and eCommerce business owners from being a fraud. Let’s take a look at the costs and major features of the plugin:
Cost: Pro version of the plugin will cost you only $49 per year.
Features of Authorized.net:
- Easy to install and configuration process.
- PCI DSS certified
- Credit/debit cards supported.
- No SSL required
- Safe payment process as it uses hosted solution
- Support for automated payment with auto-reminders.
- Compatible with other plugins like Shopify, Moolah, and so on.
3. PayPal for Digital Goods
PayPal for Digital Goods is another quality plugin that is used for WordPress users. You can accept any kind of payment using the PayPal payment gateway. This plugin is developed especially for digital goods and services.
This plugin comes up with PayPal integration with a shortcode facility that links your payment directly to your bank account. After completing each plugin, both the buyer and seller would get a confirmation message. Let’s take a look at the costs and major features of the plugin:
Cost: Pro version of the plugin will cost you only $25 per year.
Features of PayPal for Digital Goods:
- Specially made for digital goods and services.
- Shortcode friendly plugin.
- PayPal supported the payment gateway.
- You can sell files, digital goods, and so on.
- Sell music, video, music, eBook, and any other PayPal.
- View transactions stying from the admin dashboard.
4. WP Simple Pay
WP Simple Pay is one of the quality WordPress payment plugins that supports Stripe payment gateway. Using this plugin, you don’t need to set up any monthly fees that need to be placed or you don’t need to have any pre-transaction costs involved.
The plugin is available to 100 countries and over 135 currencies are supported by the tool. Moreover, you will get major digital payment options including Bitcoin and debit/credit cards. In the case of the eCommerce platform, it provides an automated payment system and supports also crowdfunding projects. Let’s take a look at the costs and major features of the plugin:
Cost: Pro version of the plugin will cost you only $99 per year.
Features of PayPal for WP Simple Pay:
- Easy to install and configuration.
- Drag & drop builder payment form plugin.
- Stripe payment gateway supported.
- Coupon code supported.
- Email support with a 24-hour response time during business hours.
- You will get subscription setup fees.
- Allow subscription trial period.
- You can set a custom amount.
5. Stripe Payments
Stripe Payment is a free WordPress payment plugin that deals with the Stripe payment gateway on your site. Usually, the plugin is used to accept payment using credit or debit cards. This is a short-code friendly payment plugin that allows you to use payment form easily on your website.
This awesome plugin will provide you a responsive design pattern and a compatible outfit with all the devices and browsers. You can have a detailed transaction report after finishing each transaction. Let’s take a look at the costs and major features of the plugin:
Features of PayPal for Stripe Payments:
- Quick and easy installation.
- Stripe payment gateway supported.
- Using custom CSS.
- Save card data on stripe.
- You can have lots of customization facilities.
- Configuring notification email.
- Customizing the product description with custom pricing set up.
Using a suitable plugin that serves your purposes could be the best bet for you. For eCommerce based websites, it’s obvious to set up a fat-free payment gateway to have a smooth payment transaction. In this case, you need to have a perfect combination of usability and security to provide the best user experience to your users.
For me, I always highly recommend WPPayForm as it’s a smart payment gateway plugin that accepts multiple gateways. You also can try other options mention here to have the maximum output from your payment gateway. They are also listed in a combination of free and paid versions and they are based on quality.
I hope you liked the article and this helped you to find the right plugin for serving payment related issues. If you have any query regarding the mentioned aspects, let me know your concern by leaving a comment in the below.
- 10 Best WordPress Plugins for eCommerce Websites
- 10 Best WordPress Plugins for Email Subscription
- 5 Best WordPress Plugins to Secure your WordPress Website
Sazzadul Bari is a digital marketing strategist at WPManageNinja and also the man behind BlogCD, specializing in content writing and lead gen. He loves to play with words and has a flair for writing on a variety of topics.