WordPress is one of the most popular platforms to build a website. Too many bloggers and business owners are using WordPress websites. If your business depends on a WordPress website then you must take care of your website security.
Here, the best security plugins for WordPress will help you to protect and increase the security of your website. WordPress is already a secured platform to build a website but due to third-party plugins, themes, and a few other things, you should use WordPress security plugins.
Hackers are experts to find the vulnerabilities of your websites even after installing these best WordPress security plugins.
So I recommend you protect your WordPress website in all the possible ways. Also, check these 14+ ways to protect a WordPress website in 2023.
Let’s have an overview of all the top and most popular WordPress plugins that will increase your WordPress security.
Overview of The Best WordPress Security Plugins
|iThemes Security||1+ million||1||$52/yr|
|All In One WP Security||1+ million||Unlimited||Free|
|BulletProof Security||50,000+||All Websites Managed by You||$69.95|
Now, let’s check the details and features of each security plugin.
Best Security Plugins for WordPress Websites in 2023
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri Security is the most powerful security plugin for WordPress. It is provided by the top web security company – Sucuri. They offer many security features like malware scanning, website firewall, blacklist monitoring, and many more.
Sucuri protects your website from Brute Force attacks, DDoS attacks, and Malwares.
Features of Sucuri Pro:
- Protects your website from all types of attacks
- It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for a premium version
- 24/7/365 Instant Support from their team
- Unlimited malware cleanup
- Very easy use
- Scan your website every 4 hours
Active installations: 800,000+
Price: Starts from $199.99 per year for one website.
2. iThemes Security
iThemes Security is also one of the best security plugins for WordPress. It can protect your website in more than 30+ ways. iThemes Security fixes common holes of your website, strengthens user credentials, and stops automated attacks. If you want to get two-factor authentication then you will get it in the premium version.
Features of iThemes Security Plugin:
- Prevents brute force attacks
- Increases server security
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supported servers)
- Blocks files editing from the WordPress admin area
- Two-factor authentication (Premium)
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
Active installations: 1+ million
Price: Starts from $52 per year for one website.
3. Wordfence Security
Wordfence Security is the best free security plugin for WordPress. It scans your website regularly and protects it from malware. If any suspicious activity is found on your website then they will notify you through email so you can take the required action immediately.
Wordfence protects your website from brute force attacks. It also offers 2-factor authentication which increases your website security to a higher level.
Features of Wordfence Plugin:
- Real-Time Threat Defense Feed
- Block Brute Force Attacks
- Malware scans
- View login and logout attempts
- Check human and bot visits to your website
- Block traffic from a specific country
- Check if your website IP address is generating spam
- Web Application Firewall
- 2 Factor Authentication
Active installations: 4+ million
Price: Starts from $99 per year for one website.
4. All In One WP Security & Firewall
All In One WP Security & Firewall is also a very popular WordPress security plugin. It is very easy to use and protects your website from various attacks. You will get a notification through email if a user uses an easy password. If someone tries to log in using a fake credential then this plugin blocks that user immediately and informs you about his.
Features of All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin:
- Prevent brute force login attacks
- Detects any user account having “admin” as a username so you can change it.
- You can force log out all users after configuring the time period
- A password strength tool to create a strong password
- Stops user enumeration
- Check failed login attempts
- Schedule automatic backups
- Block users from specific IP address
Active installations: 1+ million
Price: 100% Free Plugin
5. BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security is another best WordPress security plugin for 2023. It provides login security, firewall security, database security, and many more for your website. After installing this plugin, you just need to activate it and be relaxed as it will do all things itself.
Features of BulletProof Security Plugin:
- Setup in only one click
- MScan Malware Scanner
- Provides login security
- Full and partial DB backups in both manual and automatic ways
- FrontEnd and BackEnd maintenance mode
Active installations: 50,000+
Price: $69.95 (One-time fee) for Unlimited Websites Managed by You
These are the best security plugins for WordPress that you can use to fully protect your website. You can use any plugin from the above list. If you have a big business then always prefer to buy a premium version because it provides complete protection and support for your website.
One last important note is that even if you use any premium security plugin, make sure to take a backup of your WordPress website regularly.
Please let us know your views on these plugins through comments.
- How to Check for Malware on your Website Fix It?
- How to Hide Your WordPress Login Page From Hackers
- What to Do if your WordPress Site is Hit by Malicious Redirects
- How to Change WordPress Admin Username
- 4 Best Caching Plugins for WordPress Website
- Must Have WordPress Plugins In 2023
- Best Shortcode Plugins for WordPress Website
- Free Image Optimizer WordPress Plugins
- 9 Best WordPress Migration Plugins
- 5 Best WordPress Staging Plugins in 2023
6 thoughts on “5 Best Security Plugins for WordPress 2023 (Free & Paid)”
Informative blog! Thanks for sharing it.
Nicely written list. I usually used Wordfence on all my sites. Apart from Wordfence, I also use hide my wp & Loginizer to prevent unwanted login requests. Thanks…
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this article!
All the plugins are awesome. I am impressed.
Hi, I also recommend Hide My WP Ghost as a free security plugin with many features for security. You can find it on the WordPress directory.
Great article … I really like the details.
We are currently not secure on any online platform. Hackers play with your information all the time. They can hack anyone’s data at any moment. So we should make all types of accounts more secure.