WordPress is one of the most popular platforms to build a website. Too many bloggers and business owners are using WordPress websites. If your business depends on a WordPress website then you must take care of your website security.
Here, the best security plugins for WordPress will help you to protect and increase the security of your website. WordPress is already a secured platform to build a website but due to third-party plugins, themes, and a few other things, you should use WordPress security plugins.
Hackers are experts to find vulnerabilities of your websites even after installing these best WordPress security plugins. So I recommend you to protect your WordPress website in all the possible ways. Check these 14+ ways to protect a WordPress website.
Now we have listed below the top and most popular WordPress plugins that will increase your WordPress security.
In this article, you will learn:
Best Security Plugins for WordPress 2020
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri Security is the most powerful security plugin for WordPress. It is provided by the top web security company – Sucuri. They offer many security features like malware scanning, website firewall, blacklist monitoring and many more.
Sucuri protects your website from Brute Force attack, DDoS Attack, and from Malware. In the premium version, you will get the following features:
- Protects your website from all type of attacks
- It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for a premium version
- 24/7/365 Instant Support from their team
- Unlimited malware cleanup
- Very easy use
- Scan your website at every 4 hours
Active installations: 400,000+
2. Wordfence Security
Wordfence Security is the best free security plugin for WordPress. It scans your website regularly and protects it from malware. It any suspicious activity found on your website then they will notify you through email so you can take the required action immediately.
Wordfence protects your website from brute force attacks. It also offers 2-factor authentication which increases your website security at a higher level. Below are all the features provided by the Wordfence plugin:
- Real-Time Threat Defense Feed
- Block Brute Force Attacks
- Malware scans
- View login and logout attempts
- Check human and bot visits to your website
- Block traffic from a specific country
- Check if your website IP address is generating spam
- Web Application Firewall
- 2 Factor Authentication
Active installations: 2+ million
3. iThemes Security
iThemes Security is also one of the best security plugins for WordPress. It can protect your website in more than 30+ ways. iThemes Security fixes common holes of your website, strengthen user credentials, and stops automated attacks. If you want to get two-factor authentication then you will get it in the premium version.
Here are the features of iThemes Security plugin:
- Prevents brute force attacks
- Increases server security
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supported servers)
- Blocks files editing from the WordPress admin area
- Two-factor authentication (Premium)
Active installations: 900,000+
4. All In One WP Security & Firewall
All In One WP Security & Firewall is also a very popular WordPress security plugin. It is very easy to use and protects your website from various attacks. You will get a notification through email if a user uses an easy password. If someone tries to log in using fake credential then this plugin blocks that user immediately and informs you about his.
Some of the main features of this plugin are:
- Prevent brute force login attacks
- Detects any user account having “admin” as a username so you can change it.
- You can force log out all users after configured a the time period
- A password strength tool to create a strong password
- Stops user enumeration
- Check failed login attempts
- Schedule automatic backups
- Block users from specific IP address
Active installations: 700,000+
5. BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security is another best WordPress security plugin for 2020. It provides login security, firewall security, database security, and many more for your website. After installing this plugin, you just need to activate it and be relax as it will do all things itself.
Features of BulletProof Security Plugin:
- Setup in only one click
- MScan Malware Scanner
- Provides login security
- Full and partial DB backups in both manual and automatic ways
- FrontEnd and BackEnd maintenance mode
Active installations: 80,000+
These are the best security plugins for WordPress that you can use to fully protect your website. You can use any plugin from the above list. If you have a big business then always prefer to buy a premium version because it provides complete protection and support for your website.
Please let us know your views on these plugins through comments.