Do you want to create a custom WordPress login page? If yes, you’ll get your answer here!
The default WordPress login page speaks less for your brand’s identity. Creating a custom login page enhances brand recognition and adds to the site’s security, resulting in a seamless user experience.
Fortunately, this process isn’t as complex as it sounds.
In this article, we’ll show you how to easily create a custom WordPress login page with LoginPress in no time.
What is a WordPress Login Page?
WordPress login page serves as a gateway to access a site. The user only needs to type in Email and Password, and they are in.
The default WordPress login page is the same for almost every site. It has:
- Gray Background
- WordPress Logo
- Simple Login Form
This is what it looks like:
Why do you need a custom WordPress Login Page?
Here are some of the most important reasons why you might want to create a custom login page:
- Branding: A custom login page lets you maintain a consistent brand identity with a custom logo, color scheme, etc.
- Security: You can take security measures to boost WordPress security to protect itself against brute force attacks.
- User Experience: A custom login page creates a more user-friendly interface.
- Functionality: You can improve the overall functionality of the login page by integrating additional features, i.e., social login options, custom welcome and error messages, and much more.
- Differentiation: A custom login page helps set your WordPress site apart from others using default WordPress login pages.
This is what a custom WordPress login page looks like:
How to Create a Custom WordPress Login Page using LoginPress
You can easily create a custom WordPress login page, i.e., manually or using a plugin.
The manual work needs coding, which is way more complicated. However, it’s pretty simple to do it via a WordPress plugin.
There are several WordPress login page customizer plugins available for free and premium. Here, we’ll show you how to do it with LoginPress easily.
LoginPress is the best WordPress login page customizer plugin that simplifies the process of creating a custom WordPress login page. It provides various design options without needing coding skills.
The best part is that everything is done straight from your WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 1: Install and Activate LoginPress
To create a custom login page with LoginPress, you must first install and activate LoginPress on your WordPress site.
For this purpose, go to the left sidebar of the WordPress admin dashboard > navigate to Plugins > Add New.
On the next screen, search for the LoginPress in the search bar > find the plugin from the search results > click the Install Now and then Activate button.
See the Image below.
Step 2: Start Customizing your WordPress Login Page
Now, you are ready to customize your WordPress login page. Let’s get started!
1. Customizable Login Page Theme
LoginPress offers beautiful themes for the default WordPress login page. You can select the one that best aligns with your taste.
Note: You can easily unlock wonderful other themes for your site with LoginPress Pro.
See the Image below:
2. Custom Login Page Logo
LoginPress lets you swipe the default WordPress login page logo. It helps you add a personal touch to your login page.
After adding a logo, you can bring changes to it in terms of:
- Logo Image
- Logo Width
- Logo Height
- Space Bottom
… and more.
3. Custom Background Color / Image/ Video
Whether it’s a captivating image, a solid color scheme, or a dynamic video, LoginPress ensures that the background enhances your brand’s aesthetics.
4. Customize Login Form
LoginPress allows you to fine-tune the login form according to your specifications. This makes it more user-friendly and maintains visual coherence with your brand’s style.
See the image below:
5. Custom Log In Buttons
LoginPress enables you to create stylish and eye-catching login buttons that prompt action and seamlessly blend with the overall design.
You can easily add:
- Button Color
- Button Border Color
- Button Color (Hover)
- Button Border Color (Hover)
- Button Size
- Botton Text
… and whatnot.
See the image below:
6. Custom Error and Welcome Messages
LoginPress lets you create custom error and welcome messages for the users.
The Error Messages cover a wide range of actions for the default WordPress login page, such as:
- Incorrect Username Message
- Incorrect Password Message
- Empty Username Message
- Empty Password Message
Besides this, custom Welcome Messages allow you to greet users on the login, register, and forget forms.
See the image below:
7. Custom Form Footer
No doubt, a custom form footer can complement the login form. It helps you provide additional information or reinforce your brand message.
This is where LoginPress again jumps in to change the login form footer area and also add copyright notes to the default WordPress login page.
See the image below:
8. Customized Google Fonts
You can easily select handpicked Google fonts with LoginPress Pro that resonate with your brand.
9. Custom CSS/JS
LoginPress offers a custom CSS/JS feature to help you fine-tune the visual elements exactly how you want for the login page that is missing as the plugin’s core functionality.
10. More Features
Other than customizing the default WordPress login page’s overall look and feel, you can easily change the default WordPress login page’s default behavior using a wide variety of LoginPress Features.
For example, you can:
- Force Password Reset: The plugin enables you to force a password reset for the users after the set duration.
- Session Expire: You can create a custom time for session expire, i.e., 10 minutes.
- Auto Remember Me: This feature helps you to keep the default WordPress Remember Me option always checked for the login form.
- Custom Password Fields: Add custom password fields to the default WordPress Register form.
- Login Order: With LoginPress, you can change the default WordPress login order, i.e., Username and Email Address, Only username, or Only Email Address.
- PCI Compliance: Now you can make your login page PCI Compliant with LoginPress with just a single click.
Besides this, you can unlock useful Add-Ons with LoginPress Pro to get other exciting features for your login page, such as:
- Login Logout Menu: This free Add-on lets you create a login/logout menu for your site.
- Login Redirects: You can use this Pro Add-on to redirect users to the desired page of your site on login/logout.
- Social Login: LoginPress Pro Social Login Add-on lets you add social login, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn, to your site.
- Login Widget: You can easily add a login widget to the sidebar of your WordPress site to add an additional login to your site.
- Limit Login Attempts: This Add-on lets you limit login attempts for your site. It best helps against cyberattacks.
- Auto Login: LoginPress Pro Auto Login Add-on enables you to create a magic link that users can use to access your site without needing any Username and Password.
- Hide Login: This Add-on lets you change the default login URL, i.e., /wp-login.php, and make it something only you know. It is the best way to hide your login URL from the cybercriminals.
Creating a custom WordPress login page enriches your brand presence and enhances user experience.
Following the steps above, you can control the default WordPress login page completely. Don’t miss this opportunity to leave a lasting impression on your visitors. Plus, establish a consistent visual identity for your brand.
That’s all for this article!
How far have we helped you create a custom WordPress login page? Let us know by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Muhammad Adnan is the founder of WPBrigade, a WordPress web design and development company. He established WPBrigade with a specialization in WordPress development, providing customized solutions to meet clients’ specific requirements.