WordPress is a simple yet most powerful Content Management System (CMS) used by more than 50 million websites. Some of the world’s leading agencies in their fields are using WordPress for their websites.
Some of the popular names in this regard are CNN, Reuters’, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, NASA, Mashable, and The Next Web, etc. So, don’t hesitate in choosing WordPress CMS for your business website.
But, having a great website is not just enough, and you also require to be visible on the internet to get huge and relevant traffic on the website. It is accomplished with the help of the SEO process, which is the most effective method to drive traffic on your website.
But, is WordPress an SEO friendly CMS? Some experts say, it is not; however, WordPress is still considered as an SEO friendly platform. According to the experts, these are the SEO themes and plugins that make WordPress an SEO friendly platform.
If you have a WordPress website, which you want to see on the top positions on Google and Bing, then you must consider the SEO plugins launched for WordPress.
Let’s discuss some of the best SEO plugins for your WordPress website.
In this article, you will learn:
7 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress Websites in 2020
1. Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin
Yoast is one of the most popular and most downloaded robust WordPress plugin developed by Joost de Valk. This plugin unquestionably renders you a good functionality and manages a lot of aspects of your website’s SEO.
John Rampton of Forbes included installing Yoast among the major SEO strategies. He mentioned SEO strategies first and then suggests that some of the SEO strategies mentioned have already been covered under Yoast.
According to Mr. Rampton, “If you only do one thing on this list, it should be this one. Many of the strategies above can be covered all in one go using the Yoast SEO plugin.”
The prominent features of the Yoast SEO plugin include:
- You can add title, meta description, and keywords for every webpage and post with Yoast.
- Yoast automatically checks keyword density.
- It adds open graph Metadata and Twitter cards.
- It comprises built-in XML sitemap functionality.
- You can also edit Robots.txt and .htaccess/ with Yoast.
- It allows you to set indexing.
- It facilitates you to verify webmaster from Google, Bing, Yandex.
- The user can check the content readability level and SEO with Yoast.
- It allows you to add Breadcrumb.
- Content, Data Import and Export Functionality is also available on Yoast.
2. All in one SEO pro
All in one SEO pro is considered as the best alternative to Yoast and was developed by Michael Torbert. A number of its features are identical to Yoast. With the help of this plugin, you can generate Meta tags automatically and optimize the title tags. Its pro version has a number of significant functions, which free version doesn’t have.
The prominent features of SEO pro include:
- SEO pro can generate Sitemap.
- It supports custom post types.
- Meta tags can be automatically generated with SEO pro.
- It facilitates you to integrate Google analytics.
- It controls search engine indexing and prevents the search engines from indexing categories, tags, and other unwanted URL.
- Duplicate content and pages can be monitored with SEO pro.
- It has extended support for e-commerce websites.
3. SEO Presser
SEOPressor is one of the most powerful and premium SEO plugins to make your WordPress website SEO friendly. The plugin comprises an inbuilt keyword research tool. A notable feature of SEOPresser is the warning that it provides when you over-optimize your web page or the blog post.
Some of the features of SEOPresser are:
- It allows image optimization and internal linking.
- It facilitates you to optimize your webpage for the targeted keywords.
- SEOPresser has built-in keyword research tools.
- It allows you to optimize local SEO.
- It has “SemantiQ”, which helps you in identifying semantic keywords in the content.
- Some other features of SEOPresser include Google Knowledge Graph, Facebook open graph and Twitter card integration, XML sitemap generation, Schema Markup Integration, 301 redirection, and Canonical URLs.
Sometimes, webmasters need to redirect some URLs to the other URLs, especially 404 pages in order to provide better user experiences. Redirection plugin assists you in tracking 404 pages and creating 301 redirections for improving the user experience and enhancing your website SEO.
Its significant features are:
- It keeps track and logs of 404 pages on the website.
- It facilitates you creating 301 redirections.
Rankie is a well-known fact that in the SEO process, your website is required to be optimized properly for relevant keywords for performing better in the search results on the search engines like Google and Bing.
This tool helps you in the keyword research and find out the relevant keywords for your web pages and blog posts. The keyword rank checker plugin is its major feature to keep track of the incoming search queries for your website.
The prominent features of Rankie include:
- Rankie helps you in keeping track of incoming search queries.
- It does keyword research and facilitates you to generate a keyword performance report.
- It also allows you to get a daily keyword position report on email.
Imagify is one of the most significant plugins for a WordPress website or blog. You can optimize and resize the images of your website with Imagify, and you need not compromise the quality of your image for improving the website’s speed.
Here are some significant features of Imagify.
- Imagify optimizes and resizes images.
- It maintains the quality of images.
7. Premium SEO Pack
Premium SEO Pack is an advanced SEO plugin, to help you to compress CSS and JS. Rich snippet, video. An XML sitemap, Google analytics Stat, 404 monitors, internal linking, etc. are its notable features.
For the good user experience, it allows you handling 301 redirections for the better user experience. Moreover, it also facilitates you to integrate Twitter cards and Facebook post planners to help you to post on social media websites automatically. Another significant feature of the Premium SEO Pack is SERP tracking.
Here are some of the significant features of the Premium SEO Pack:
- Premium SEO Pack allows you bulk posts and page optimization.
- It can check Google Analytics data.
- It allows XML sitemap and video sitemap generation.
- Bulk Directory submission is also possible with Premium SEO Pack.
- It facilitates 404 navigation and redirection.
- It keeps track of social media networks.
- Other features of Premium SEO Pack include interlinking, Alt tag optimization, rich snippet integration, and local SEO.
To Sum Up
The above-mentioned plugins are perfect to boost the SEO of your WordPress websites. They save your time and effort to accomplish each SEO process manually, as a number of procedures are covered under the aforementioned WordPress SEO plugins. You can explore many other such plugins on the web.
Shubham is working with Canbayinc, one of the leading SEO services companies, as an SEO Analyst with 3 years of experience. He loves to write helpful information related to SEO and social media, best practices and tactics on a regular basis.