If you are looking for the WP Engine vs SiteGround comparison then here we have compared both hosting providers with all their features, plans, pricing and many more. But the fact is that this comparison is not quite parallel comparison because both have mostly different types of clients. This is because both offer different services.
Let’s check how SiteGround and WP Engine differ from each other.
SiteGround hosting can be used by any type of user. User can use WP Engine if he is a WordPress expert or have big business or have development team.
One of the biggest differences between WP Engine and SiteGround is their pricing. WP Engine pricing is much higher than the SiteGround.
Now check out the clear comparison between WP Engine and SiteGround.
In this article, you will learn:
WP Engine vs SiteGround Comparison 2019
|Founded In:||2010||22 March 2004|
|Headquarters:||Austin, Texas||Sofia, Bulgaria|
|WordPress Recommended:||–||WordPress Recommended Hosting|
|A Detailed Review:||Review of WP Engine||Review of SiteGround|
|Their Services:||Exclusive WordPress Hosting for|
($11.95 at Renewal)
|Plans & Pricing:||STARTUP Plan: $35/mo|
10 GB Storage
GROWTH Plan: $115/mo
20 GB Storage
SCALE Plan: $290/mo
30 GB Storage
Contact for Custom plan…
|StartUp Plan: $3.95/mo|
10 GB Storage
GrowBig Plan: $5.95/mo
20 GB Storage
GoGeek Plan: $11.95/mo
30 GB Storage
Check here more plans…
|Features:||– Free Genesis Theme|
– Free 35+ Studiopress Themes (Worth $499)
– Fully Managed Global CDN
– Free CDN and SSL Certificates
– WordPress Multisite
– Smart Plugin Manager
– Dedicated Dev Environments
– Add additional site at $20/mo
– Easily transfer website using their migration plugin
– One-Click Staging
– Automated Backups
– SSH Gateway
– Built-In Caching System
|– Free Website Builder|
– Free SSL and CDN
– Unmetered Traffic
– Unlimited MYSQL
– Free Email Accounts
– Free Website Transfer
– On-Demand Backup
– WordPress Staging
– One Click Git Repo Creation
– SG Optimizer plugin to configure their SuperCacher technology
|Contact no:||+1-512-273-3906||Available to Registered Users Only|
|Customer Support:||Phone, Live Chat, Tickets|
|Tickets, Live Chat, Phone|
|cPanel:||Custom Control Panel||Standard cPanel|
|Data Centers:||20 Data Centers:|
2. AWS (Amazon)
3. Iowa (us-central1)
4. Virginia (us-east-1)
5. South Carolina (us-east1)
6. Oregon (us-west-2)
7. Oregon (us-west1)
8. Ohio (us-east-2)
9. Belgium (europe-west1)
10. Ireland (eu-west-1)
11. Taiwan (asia-east1)
12. Sydney (ap-southeast-2)
13. Tokyo (asia-northeast1)
14. London (eu-west-2)
15. London (europe-west2)
16. Montreal (ca-central-1)
17. Frankfurt (europe-west3)
18. Frankfurt (eu-central-1)
19. Sydney (ap-southeast1)
20. Montreal (northamerica)
|5 Data Centers:|
1. Iowa, US
2. Chicago, US
3. London, UK
4. Amsterdam, NL
5. Singapore, SG
|CDN:||MaxCDN||Free Cloudflare CDN|
|Security:||– In-Built Security Features so that you do not need to pay any single dollar extra for your website security.|
– If your website hacked then sucuri will fix your site instantly and for this, WP Engine will make payment.
|– It has a secure network but it is not enough. You can secure your website by installing third-party plugins.|
|Cons:||– Only managed WordPress hosting allowed|
– Plan pricing is a little higher but worth it
– Some plugins not allowed
(Disallowed Plugin List)
|– Pricing increased 3 times higher at renewals|
– Expensive compared to their competitors like Bluehost, HostGator, etc
|Money-Back Guarantee:||60 Days||30 Days|
|Maximum Discount on:||Black Friday Deal (35% OFF)||Black Friday Deal (75% OFF)|
|Current Discount:||20% OFF||Up To 70% OFF|
|Get WP Engine||Get SiteGround|
More About WP Engine Hosting
- WP Engine has raised more than $290M to become one of the best managed WordPress hosting companies.
- WP Engine is recommended for developers, enterprise or users who need to create plugins or themes.
- No need to pay anything to secure your website as your website will be on a highly secured network.
- WordPress experts staff for customer support that will help you in fixing any kind of WordPress issue whether it is small or big.
- Very expensive hosting but the fact is, you will get what you pay.
- 24/7 Phone support is not available for STARTUP plan users. It is available with higher plans.
- Some of the WordPress plugins not allowed like caching plugins because these features are built-in features in WP Engine hosting.
More About SiteGround Hosting
- SiteGround is one of the best web hosting providers.
- It is well known for its best customer support. You will get a response within just a few seconds. You can also check the profile of support staff you have contacted that includes their name, image, and experience.
- The renewal pricing for all plans is 3 times higher than the first billing.
Common things between SiteGround and WP Engine Hosting
- SiteGround and WP Engine both are well known in the web hosting industry.
- Both are using HTTP/2.0 and offer access via phpMyAdmin.
Which to choose, WP Engine or SiteGround?
After reading the above WP Engine vs SiteGround comparison article, you must have an idea about when to use WP Engine and when to use SiteGround. If you are a newbie and want to start a website then choose SiteGround hosting. And if you are a developer or need hosting for creating and testing themes and plugins then you should choose WP Engine.
Alternatives to WP Engine and SiteGround
You can check the following hosting review articles that also offer similar features.
Also, read the following recommended hosting comparisons: