Are you looking for how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost?
Here we have provided the complete and step-by-step guide with screenshots.
Even if you don’t know anything about website creation or blogging, you can easily create a WordPress blog within a few minutes by using our beginner’s guide.
Benefits of Creating a Website on WordPress
- It is very easy to use. You can easily create a new page, publish a blog, image, or video in WordPress.
- You can manage your website from anywhere because it is browser-based so you need only a computer with an internet connection.
- No coding required to publish an article, image, or video. Also, you can format text without coding.
- If you want to change your website design or theme then you can upload and install your favorite WordPress theme.
- It is very easy to optimize a WordPress website for search engines. You can use WordPress plugins to optimize your website. This will save your huge time.
- If you want to start blogging then WordPress is the best platform for it. There is an inbuilt blogging feature in WordPress where you can post a blog, manage comments, create RSS easily.
Now I will teach you how to create a website on WordPress. You just need to go through the following steps to create a WordPress blog.
How to Start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost
1. Choose a Domain Name
Now, to create a website you have to decide your website domain name(website name). Once you decided on your website domain name then you can’t change it again because it will hurt your SEO and marketing efforts.
I recommend you choose the .com domain because it is the most used domain extension. If your selected website name is not available on .com then you can also choose .net. It is also one of the best domain extensions.
If you have confused about finding the best domain name then you can use these best domain name generators. These tools will help you in finding the unique domain name according to your requirements.
You can also buy a domain name from these best and cheapest domain name providers. If you have already bought a domain name then continue reading the next step.
2. Choose a Best Web Hosting Provider
I recommend you to choose Bluehost to host your website because it is officially recommended hosting provider by WordPress. Also, they provide a free domain name if you purchase a hosting plan for 1 year or more.
Here I have explained all the steps with screenshots to register on Bluehost. Just follow them.
Step 1: To register on Bluehost hosting, click on the following link. By clicking on the following link, you will get a 70% discount and a free domain name with any hosting plan for an annual subscription.
Step 2: Once you click on the above link, you will see the Bluehost hosting website. First, click on the “Host Your Site” button.
Step 3: After clicking on the “Host Your Site” button, you will see all shared hosting plans. Select a hosting plan according to your requirements.
If you are a small business owner or want to create a personal blog then you can choose the basic plan. When your business starts growing then you can upgrade your hosting plan to Plus. Short-term hosting plans are costlier than long-term plans. So you can save money by purchasing a long-term hosting plan.
Step 4: After selecting a hosting plan, enter your domain name in the “Create a new domain” box. If you already own a domain then you can simply enter it on the “Use a domain you own” box.
Step 5: Now click on next. Here you can create an account by signing into your Gmail account or by filling in your details.
Once you have filled the form then select “Account Plan”. The default selected plan will be of 12 months. Keep it as it is because it has the lowest pricing ($2.95).
And uncheck all the additional services if not necessary for your website.
Step 6: Now it’s time to fill out the payment information. Fill in all the required payment details. You can also make payments through PayPal. You will find this option by clicking on “more payment options”. Then complete the registration process by checking on the box for Terms of Service and clicking on the Submit button.
Step 7: After clicking on the submit button, you will see a screen like the one below. Click on the “Create your password” button.
In the next screen enter a password that only you can remember easily. Then check the box “I have read and agree… ” and click on the Next button.
Then click on the “log in” button.
Now you will get an email with an activation link and your login information.
3. Setup WordPress Account
Now click on the activation link provided in your email. Then click on hosting from the main blue menu then click on the website from its submenu. Then click on the install link.
Now in the next screen select your domain then click on next.
After completing the setup process, write a URL in your browser address bar.
It will show you a login window, where you have to enter your username and password.
After login into the WordPress dashboard, you can publish a blog, image, or video, change the theme, and many more things you can do from the WordPress dashboard.
I hope you have successfully created a WordPress blog on Bluehost. If you have any trouble in setting up a WordPress blog then feel free to let us know by commenting in below comment section.
Useful articles to check after creating your WordPress website,
- 30+ Things That You Need To Do After Installing WordPress
- Ways to Make Money using your WordPress Website in 2022
- Best Blogging Tools for Bloggers
- Best Adsense Optimized WordPress Themes
- Increase Revenue using these WordPress Plugins
- Best Google Adsense Alternatives in 2022
- 10 Reasons Why You Are Not A Successful Blogger