Blogging is one of the most profitable ways to make money online by sharing your knowledge, passion, and experience in 2024.
If you are going to create a new blog or thinking about to start blogging then here I have provided the easiest guide on how to create a successful blog and monetize it in 2024.
Following is the step-by-step guide to create a successful blog.
Note: In this guide, I have chosen a domain name and web hosting from different companies. So the guide will be a little longer than other guides provided on the internet. But this guide is very easy to understand as I have provided the maximum screenshots. If you have any questions then ask me through comment section, I will reply to your question asap. To get instant reply, you can email me with subject “Help – Start WordPress Blog“. I will be there for you.
Guide to Create a Successful Blog and Make Money Online in 2024
Step 1: Choose your Blog Name
Select a catchy, unique, and memorable name for your blog. Make sure it aligns with your niche and resonates with your audience.
Finding a unique and available domain name for your blog is hard. There are many unique and eye-catching domain name generators available online. You can use those tools to find your blog name quickly.
Step 2: Get Domain Name
Once you find a unique and available domain name (blog name), get it from any of these best domain name providers.
If you want to get traffic from all over the world then .com, .net, .org, etc domain extensions are the best. If you want to get traffic from any specific country then choose country-specific domain extensions like .us, .in, .nl, .eu, .es, etc.
Domain privacy is the most important thing to consider when choosing a domain name provider. Some domain name providers offer free domain privacy, and some offer paid domain privacy. So check the pricing of both domain name and domain privacy before buying them.
Here I suggest Namecheap (with free domain privacy) to get a domain name for your website or blog. Following is the complete guide on buying a domain name.
Important Note: You can also get a free domain name for the first year from a web hosting company from which you are going to get web hosting plan in the next step. But the pricing will be higher at the time of renewal and may be you won’t get free domain privacy. So overall I sugget to get domain from a good domain provider company rather than getting a free domain.
How to Get a Domain Name
- Step 1: Open the Namecheap website and create an account on it. You can create an account by clicking on the “SIGN UP” link which is provided top left of the website. (Note: You should sign up before searching for a domain name and proceeding further because it will ask you to create an account at the last step.)
- Step 2: After creating an account on the Namecheap website, you will see the following screen. Here, check the domain name that you have chosen if it is available or not.
If your blog name is “myblog9” then enter it in the search bar. You will see the availability of that domain with different domain extensions.
If you want to choose .com domain extension then choose the first domain name by clicking the “Add to cart” button on the right side of “myblog9.com“. Then click on the “Checkout” button at the bottom of the page.
You get that domain for just $5.98 for the first year by using the coupon code “NEWCOM598“. Next year, you will be charged $13.98 per year.
- Step 3: On the checkout page, use the promo code as shown in the below image. You will see the discounted price.
Here, you can see that the domain privacy is free forever. So you don’t need to purchase it separately.
Now click on the “Confirm Order” button.
- Step 4: On the next page, fill in all the required contact details then click on the “Continue” button. Then complete the payment using the available payment methods.
You have successfully gotten your domain name.
Now its time to get web hosting to host your website data.
Step 3: Get Web Hosting
After getting a domain name, choose a reliable web hosting provider. There are many web hosting providers in the market. If you are a beginner then choose a reliable and affordable web hosting provider.
Here, I have chosen HostArmada web hosting because it offers reliable web hosting services at affordable pricing.
Following is the complete guide on how to get web hosting on HostArmada.
- Step 1: First, open the HostArmada website. Then click on the “Plans and Pricing” button.
- Step 2: Now if you want to create only one blog or website then select the “Start Dock” plan and if you are planning to create more than one blog later then select the “Web Warp” plan. Now click on the “Get Started” button for your selected plan.
- Step 3: Select the third section “I will my existing domain and update my name servers” then enter your domain name as shown in the below image then click on “Use Domain“. Click on the “Continue” button on the next popup window.
- Step 4: Now, by default, you will get 3 year web hosting plan. I also recommend choosing web hosting for three years because it will give you more discount.
- Step 5: Choose a data center for your website. I recommend choosing a data center that is closest to your website visitors.
- Step 6: Now click on “Preview Order“.
Here you can see that 75% discount coupon is auto-applied. If there is no coupon code applied then you can use our special coupon code “SACHIN75” to get 75% discount.
Now click on the “Checkout” button.
- Step 7: On the next page fill in personal and billing details to create an account on HostArmada.
Then enter your credit card or PayPal details then check the tick box then click on the “Complete Order” button.
After completing the successful payment you have got a web hosting plan.
Now you have both the domain name and web hosting that are required to create your website or blog.
Step 4: Update Nameservers
This step is just because you have chosen domain name from another provider. For those, who have purchased domain name and web hosting from the same company, do not need to follow this step.
To update the nameservers, open the domains section from the Namecheap website.
Click on the manage button for your domain name.
Here, select Custom DNS then enter two HostArmada nameservers then click on tick mark.
You will find the two HostArmada servers from HostArmada services section.
You have successfully updated nameservers.
Now it’s time to install WordPress.
Step 4: Install WordPress
To install WordPress, you need to create a domain here and then install WordPress in that domain directory. This is because you have got a domain from another company.
- Step 1: Log in to HostArmada and open cPanel (Control Panel) from its Dashboard.
- Step 2: Open “Domains” from the Domains section.
- Step 3: Click on the “Create A New Domain” button.
- Step 4: Write your domain name then click on the “Submit” button.
Now it’s time to install WordPress.
- Step 5: Open the WordPress script installer from the “Script” section.
Now click on the “Install Now” button.
- Step 6: Write your website name, website’s username and password, email address, etc. as shown in the below image.
After filling required details (no need to update advanced options), click on the “Install” button provided at the end of the page.
Once the installation is completed, you will see that the software installed successfully.
Now you can open your website.
In my case, my website URL will be: http://myblog9.com
And I can edit or update my website using the following URL
For you, just replace “myblog9.com” with your blog name and use your selected username and password.
That’s it. Your website has been successfully created.
After creating a website, it is required to make it user-friendly and search engine friendly so it can rank better in all search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
Step 5: Customize your Blog/Website
To rank well your website on search engines, your website must be fast-loading, have quality content, and be SEO optimized.
For all these things, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Optimize your Website for SEO:
There are more than 30+ things that you should do after installing WordPress like setting website title and meta tags, website icon and logo, Google analytic, webmaster, etc.
All the things are mentioned in this article: 30+ Things that you Need to Do After Installing WordPress
You can check the above article and do all the things mentioned there.
There are also a few things that you should consider while setting up your website. You can check this article to know all the mistakes to avoid during WordPress website setup.
2. Install Light Weight and SEO Friendly WordPress Theme:
You can choose free or premium WordPress themes. There are many advantages of using premium WordPress themes over free themes. So it is recommended to choose premium WordPress themes.
You can check here why you should use a premium WordPress theme in 2024.
Both WordPress themes are fast-loading and SEO-optimized. Both offer readymade templates so you do not need to design your website.
Following are the best WordPress themes list that you want to check,
- Top 6 Fastest Loading WordPress Themes
- 7 Best Google Adsense Optimized WordPress Themes (If you are planning to make money using Adsense then these are the best themes)
- 5 Best WordPress Themes for Bloggers
- 7 Best WordPress Themes for Video Blogging
- 5 Best WordPress Themes for Writers
- 10 Best WordPress Themes for Small Busines
3. Install WordPress Plugins:
Following are the best plugins that you should install on your blog before you publish your first blog.
- Rank Math – Best SEO Plugin (must install for the best SEO result)
- WP Rocket – Best Caching Plugin (Premium)
- LiteSpeed Cache – Best Caching Plugin (Free)
- Akismet Anti-spam: Spam Protection – (Comes Installed)
You can install other WordPress plugins according to your website requirements.
Following are the best WordPress plugins that will help in optimizing your website.
- 10 Best SEO Plugins for your WordPress Website
- 16 Must Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers – Free & Paid
- 6 Best Google AdSense Plugins for WordPress Websites
- 8 Best WordPress Plugins to Create Killer Content
- 7 Best Image Optimizer WordPress Plugins
- 6 Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- 7 Best Schema Markup Plugins for WordPress
After completing the setting up your WordPress website, you should do these 14 WordPress maintenance tasks regularly for your better website health.
Step 6: Create the Necessary Pages
Step 7: Write and Publish Blog Posts
Now start creating engaging, informative, and valuable content for your audience. Develop a content calendar and consistently publish high-quality blog posts relevant to your niche.
Following are the best tips and tools that will help you in writing the best quality articles,
- Top 10 Best AI Writing Tools (Free and Paid)
- How to Write a Quality Content – A Complete Step-by-Step Guide
- 7 Best Plagiarism Checker Tools
- 10 Best Online Paraphrasing Tools for Unique Content Creation
Step 8: Promote Your Blog
Utilize social media platforms, guest posting, SEO strategies, and email marketing to increase your blog’s visibility. Engage with your audience and build a community around your content.
Check these 23 Most Important SEO Tips that will help your website rank higher on Google in 2024.
Step 9: Monetize Blog
There are various ways to monetize your blog:
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products/services and earn a commission for every sale made through your unique affiliate link.
- Display Advertising: Use platforms like Google AdSense to display ads on your blog and earn revenue based on clicks or impressions.
- Sponsored Content: Partner with brands for sponsored posts or reviews in exchange for payment.
- Sell Products/Services: Create and sell your own products, courses, or services related to your niche.
Must check the following articles:
- Top 10 Websites That Will Pay You Up To $1000 For Writing A Blog
- 12+ Proven Ways to Make Money Online With WordPress Blog
- Top 9 Highest Paying Affiliate Networks for 2024
- How to Prevent Your AdSense Account From Getting Banned
- 5+ Best Highest Paying Google Adsense Alternatives in 2024
Remember, building a profitable blog takes time, dedication, and consistent effort. Focus on providing value to your audience, stay updated with industry trends, and be patient as you grow your blog and online presence.
FAQs on How to Create a Blog and Make Money
Q. Can I create a blog for free?
A. Yes, you can create a blog for free using blogger, Wix, WordPress.com etc platforms. But you won’t make money like premium blog.
Q. Can I earn money from free blogging site?
A. Yes, you can earn money from a free blogging site. But compared to the premium blogging site, you won’t make more money.
Q. What are the mimimum required things to start a blog?
A. To create a preimum blog, the minimum required things are, domain name and web hosting. Using these two things you can create a best blog.
Q. How much does it cost to start a blog?
A. To start a blog, you need to purchase domain name and web hosting. The domain will cost you around $10 to $15 per year and web hosting will cost you $100 to $150 for the first three years. So it will cost you approx $50 per year. This is the lowest price to create a blog.
Q. Can I earn money through blogging?
A. Yes, you can earn money through blogging. There are many ways to earn. I have already mentioned in this blog.
Q. How much can I earn from blogging?
A. It depends on your work, SEO, products, marketing, etc. But you can make million dollar from blogging.
Q. How ofen should I publish new blog posts?
A. Today, post counts are not important. The important thing is the post quality. So always publish quality content weather if you are publishing a new content in a day, week or a month.
Q. Which is better, part time blogging or full time blogging?
Blogging takes time to get result. So if you are starting blogingg as a part time then its good. When you start getting money from your blog then you can do full time blogging.
By following these steps and implementing effective monetization strategies, you can embark on a rewarding journey of creating a successful blog and making money online in 2024.
Other important articles you should check,