HostGator is a leading web hosting service provider. They have a privately owned company based in Houston, Texas. The company has been founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley but after few years it is being acquired by Endurance International Group. EIG also owns other hosting companies like Bluehost, BigRock, iPage, and many other hosting companies.
In this article, you will learn:
- 1 HostGator Review 2020
- 2 HostGator Hosting Plans
- 3 99.99% Excellent Uptime
- 4 Customer Support
- 5 45-days money-back guarantee
- 6 Free Migration with Enhanced Security
- 7 User-friendly for beginners
- 8 Additional Hosting Features
- 9 Pros and Cons of HostGator
- 10 HostGator Alternatives
- 11 Conclusion
HostGator Review 2020
HostGator has two US-based data centers in Houston and Provo, Utah. Recently, the company has grown with more than 12,000 servers and approx 9 million domains that are using 1% of the world’s internet traffic. The company is capable to provide its 400,000 customers with innovative products and services.
Almost 500 companies in 200+ countries are using Hostgator servers to host their business websites with consistent service and support. After launching its office in India in early 2012, Hostgator has become a trusted Indian web host.
If you are looking for the right web hosting company, Hostgator may end up your search. WPressBlog is now with the updated Hostgator review in terms of numerous recent factors:
- HostGator Hosting Plans
- Excellent Uptime
- Good customer support
- 45-days money-back guarantee
- Free migration with enhanced security
HostGator Hosting Plans
HostGator offers cheap web hosting services. If you are starting a new website then a shared hosting plan is best for you. You don’t need to get higher hosting plans as at the starting level, you will have fewer website visitors. The shared hosting plan starts from $2.75 per month.
When the number of your website visitors starts increasing then you can go for Cloud hosting. It starts at $4.95 per month.
WordPress hosting plan is optimized for WordPress websites. In this plan, you will get higher performance and security for your website. It starts at $5.95 per month.
If your website has huge traffic then you can manage it by using VPS hosting. This plan starts at $19.95 per month.
If you buy the dedicated server then you will get full control over it. You have to maintain that server by yourself. This plan starts at $119 per month.
99.99% Excellent Uptime
To keep your website accessible 24/7 hours for users is a must. If you have a curiosity to do so, feel free to buy Hostgator servers with an excellent 99.99% uptime.
As per an industrial survey, Hostgator offers 0.03% more uptime than the industry average for the past few months. Here we at WPressBlog have listed out some past data for analyzing the Hostgator uptime performance.
Average Uptime data in 2018
- January: 99.98%
- February: 100%
- March: 99.95%
- April: 99.96%
- May: 99.97%
However, the uptime guarantee is only applicable for Shared and Reseller web hosting accounts. You may receive a 1-month credit in case of falling short of 99.9% uptime guarantee.
For Dedicated and VPS servers they offer unique and separate network guarantee which is not related to uptime guarantee.
You may get in touch with Hostgator customer care executives with ease via email, chat or phone call. The team is completely dedicated and ever ready to resolve all sorts of issues instantly.
For additional convenience, they offer a US-based ticketing system and a user forum as well as 600 plus video tutorials.
However, in some cases, it may be awful for the users to get in touch with the Hostgator’s experts. They require a long wait time.
45-days money-back guarantee
In case a customer doesn’t meet the requirement, he/she can push cancellation requests within the 45 days of purchase to get a full refund.
Refund is only applicable for shared, reseller or VPS hosting rather than dedicated servers, domain name, installation fees for custom software.
If your hosting plan is equipped with a free domain name and you cancel it within 1 year, the standard domain name fee of $15 will be deducted from your refund.
Free Migration with Enhanced Security
Hostgator makes it easy to transfer website files to your new hosting server. They transfer website files, databases, scripts and one free domain registration from your existing server to Hostgator.
However, Hostgator offers a limited number of free transfers for new accounts within 30 days of signup. Also, it depends on which type of account you sign up for.
Hostgator provides full DDoS protection while transferring for all premium plans. You’ll also enjoy the daily data backups, identification, and removal of malware, a free SSL certificate for next-level web security.
User-friendly for beginners
Hostgator has an extremely easy to use the platform. Even if you are hosting your website very first time, you’ll never feel any sorts of trouble with Hostgator web hosts. You may go through FAQ pages, tutorial documents, and simple step-by-step walkthroughs.
Hostgator offers compatible Cpanel which includes everything grouped and clearly labeled. Users are benefitted with the easy 1-click installation of applications needed to manage hosting and many SEO tools as well as marketing suits.
Additional Hosting Features
Besides the above facilities, Hostgator offers some more additional features in all respects like Bandwidth, Disk space, website builder tool, email accounts, MySql Databases and FTP accounts and much more.
- Hostgator includes one domain name in the most basic plan and unlimited domain names with all other packages.
- The basic hosting plan also includes unlimited FTP accounts. However, an anonymous FTP account for your visitors is merely encompassed with a high-tier business plan.
- Hostgator includes unlimited MySql Databases and phpMyAdmin access even with the basic package.
- Hostgator’s basic plan also includes AWStats too to track record of traffic with real-time results.
- Users are provided with unlimited email accounts even with the basic hosting package.
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth are also the plus point to buy hosting from this web host.
Pros and Cons of HostGator
Hostgator has lots of positive points as we have discussed above. Beyond it, Hostgator also has lots of innovating points in favor.
- Hostgator offers a ZenCart and Cube cart to create a shopping cart for e-commerce websites even in the basic plan.
- They provide a free website builder.
- Hostgator offers Great add-on features to grow with.
- 45 days’ money-back guarantee and easy setup installation are also the basic advantages of the Hostgator web host.
- With unlimited disk space and bandwidth, you’ll never have to worry about size or data transfer limitations.
- The website builder is more complex than that of other web hosts.
- Long wait time during getting in touch with the customer care representative.
- Over the last eight months, Hostgator has been offering 991ms average load time (11.35% slower than the average 890ms)
- Extra fee for backups and high hosting prices.
If you are looking for an alternative to HostGator then you can go for SiteGround, Bluehost, Hostinger or Dreamhost.
As per the detailed description for the Hostgator, we concluded that Hostgator undoubtedly will be the best web host for the household or personal websites.
If you are looking for the web hosts for your high profile business websites that require fast load times and additional security, unfortunately, Hostgator would be a wrong decision.
Otherwise, in terms of refunds policy, uptime guarantee, user-friendliness, and website transfers, sheer quality and performance, Hostgator is the best hosting provider.
HostGator Web Hosting Review 2020
Speed and Performance
If you are just a startup then you can go for HostGator otherwise you can choose SiteGround or A2 Hosting for your website hosting.