What is indexing and why does this process hold so much importance?
A simple fact is that most website owners do not know what indexing is and how the process is executed. This lack of knowledge can obviously cause problems if people are unable to view your website and there are very few or no visitors.
A website cannot generate money if there is no traffic even if the brand offers the best products. Thus, having basic knowledge about indexing is essential.
Here are some basic key points. Now webmasters normally use google indexing tool to increase the overall indexing speed of web pages.
- Google crawlers operate round the clock to add new websites and the ones that have undergone changes to the database of the search engine. Without indexing, your website would not be a part of the search engine database. In other words, when people search for a product that your company deals in, the domain of your website would not be shown among the list of available websites.
- Indexing is the process through which Google keeps updating its list of website links. You can only start getting traffic if the indexing process has been completed in a successful manner. Before that, your website would have zero organic searches as they would not be a part of the search engine database.
In an overall manner, website owners need to pace up the indexing process so that they can generate more profit volumes through online sales.
In this article, you will learn:
Selecting websites with a high rate of traffic
When you talk about accelerating the indexing process of a website, a number of factors come into play. The goal is that you should connect with the correct websites and not select random domains. Getting linked to high authority websites is one of the best ways to accelerate the indexing process and get it completed in a quick manner. It is obvious that you need to get your website indexed if you want visitors to start pouring in.
- Some websites have a high rate of traffic. In other words, they have a large count of people getting access. Being connected to one of these websites means that your own website would climb the ladders of credibility. This is where things would become beneficial for your website. Apart from improving the traffic rate, being connected to high authority websites offers other benefits as well. For instance, it strengthens the profile of the website. This would obviously improve the reputation of your website.
- High authority websites already have a high position according to search engine standards. When you get connected to them, the traffic that visits them starts getting diverted to your website. On the other hand, getting linked to websites with negative reputation harms the reputation of your website. Search engines blacklist websites that are connected to illegitimate domains. Be sure about the standard and overall reputation of a website before you connect with it.
The role of fresh regular content
Quality content holds numerous benefits and improves the reputation of a website in several ways. One of them is that it improves the indexing process and makes it faster. Some websites do not have updated content at regular intervals. This slows down the indexing process as crawlers scan such websites at a slower rate. On the other hand, if the website has regularly published content, the pace of the indexing process increases. Such websites are identified by Google crawlers in a quicker manner.
- Updating content regularly does not mean that you should stuff the website with anything. The content should be published only when you have carried out research properly. Submitting fresh content does not mean rephrasing in any manner. Some websites adopt shortcuts when it comes to updating content and this does not pay off. Along with that, the use of spinning soft wares ruins the reputation of the website on a permanent scale. Thus, it is important to publish quality content that highlights your brand portfolio in one way or the other.
- The quality of content is very important and this is ignored in most cases. For instance, if you view certain websites, you would figure out that the content is plagiarized. This is a big problem which can result in a website being permanently removed from the search engine database. Professional websites have a proper cycle for updating content. If you talk about most brands, they update the content whenever a new venture is executed. A cloth brand would publish new content whenever a new product sale is about to be launched.
Redundant Content is a negative factor
Potential buyers need a fresh appetite for content whenever they visit a website. Traffic would not come your way if the content on your website is redundant. Why is that so? People take time when it comes to trusting a website and counting on it. This is not something that happens on an urgent scale. Redundant content creates a big negative impression in the mind of the customers. If the content is not fresh and has been copied from a source, potential buyers would get the impression that the website is not up to standard. The content of a website is a key role in deciding whether it would be indexed quickly or not.
- Google crawlers catch websites with fresh content at a fast pace. In other words, these websites become a part of the search engine database in a quick manner. According to the policies implemented by Google, publishing updated content at regular intervals is important for websites to get a high SEO rank. Websites with regular fresh content offer more readability than the ones which do not update their content regularly.
Creating a sitemap helps
When Google crawlers look for websites that have updated their content recently, they go through all the key pages. A sitemap basically identifies the sequence of the pages and makes it easy for the crawlers to view them. Thus, providing a sitemap is a good option to get the website indexed quickly.
- The creation of a sitemap is not a complicated process after all. If your website is designed using Word press, XML can be used to generate a sitemap. Websites that have a proper sitemap get indexed in a very quick manner.
Loading time matters
Google crawlers work in a properly defined manner. For instance, they have a time frame for indexing each website. This obviously means that if the loading time of the website is too much, all the pages would not be indexed.
- There are some core factors which increase the loading time of the website. Web pages that have a high count of images and videos do not load quickly. If your website has heavy visual content, the loading time would obviously increase. The risk involved in this case is that all the pages of the website would not be indexed. If the indexing time of the crawlers gets consumed, only a few pages of the website would be indexed. One of the key pages may not be indexed and online visitors would not be able to view them.
Indexing is mandatory if the pages of a website need to be viewed by people. Through indexing, the modified pages and the ones created from the start are added to the database of Google. When the indexing process has been completed, people would be able to view your website when they type a related search in the search box.
There are many ways through which you can improve the pace of the indexing process. One of them is the submission of new content from time to time. This is a highly important factor for Google. Websites with fresh regular content get to the very top in a very quick manner.
However, the content published has to be related to the company profile and set of products. The goal of quality content increases the knowledge of potential buyers. The more they know about a company, the easier it would be for them to decide whether they are considering the correct option or not. Other than that, the level of research carried out for the content development process is an important aspect as well.
Do not simply stuff the website with information that the readers already know about. The content has to be innovative and carry a fresh feel. Other than, reducing the page loading speed and improving website performance accelerates the indexing procedure.
- 14 Best SEO Tools for 2019 (Free & Paid)
- SEO Trends for 2019
- 10 Best SEO Analysis Software
- Beginner’s Guide to Anchor Texts and Their Usage in Link Building
Ahmad has 3 years of experience of writing articles on Tech, SEO, Sports, and Software testing. He loves traveling and reading. He successfully manages a team of digital marketing at Prepost SEO.